Tuesday 22 January 2008

How to kill a Mocking Bird?/ Comment tuer un oiseau moqueur?

English:
It’s a quite easy thing to write about the films that you have seen, but it’s another to find that there are references to a film/a book that you haven’t visualized yet. When I was thirteen in an essay at school I mentioned The Plague, a Camus’ book that hadn’t read, and that really pissed of my parents. I explained to them that I really wanted to read this book. And my dad thought that it would be clever as a “punishment” to put the book under my pillow. He wanted to check if I really wanted to read the book, and I really wanted to. I love the stories of people trapped in a city with a mortal epidemic as much as I love a good dysfunctional family story!
Anyway yesterday having nothing to do than staying bed because I was rather exhausted by an attack of migraine, I watched a few films, let’s say, of very different category. The grass is greener by Stanley Donen with Deborah Kerr, Cary Grant, and Robert Mitchum, two dead men that I still hold a crush on! The story is basic; Kerr and Grant are married living in a castle which was turned into a museum to survive. Mitchum turn up as the American tourist who lost his way, and Kerr falls in love with him. Then Grant will do anything to get is wife back, without showing his jealousy or starting tantrums. A cuckoo seems to mock him! This comedy is very charming, and the filming is smooth. I love the sequence that inform us that Kerr and Mitchum became lovers by showing us all the places where they should be and their empty seats, them turning up in the hotel room and slamming the door. I just love when cinema characters decide that they don’t belong to the spectators anymore, and that they will live their life, I love when they take their independence, especially in such a classic, classy way. And it’s rather erotic because nothing is shown but everything is evocated, I mean, this travelling seems to induce that they stayed in the room for days!
Then I watched Rashomon, by Akira Kurosawa, and there is no mocking bird just the irony of human subjectivity.


Third film a chick flick where there is a mocking bird: Failure to Launch, I don’t know the filmmaker, and it doesn’t matter as the filming is quite anonymous. A chick flick to promote boring Sarah Jessica Parker. Ok I really didn’t give a shit about her story trying to move out of his parents; by pretending to fall in love with Matthew McConaughey But I enjoyed Zooey Deschanel being this moody girl who can’t sleep because of a damn mocking bird singing under her window, and looking for solutions to kill it. I just want to see Deschanel more, she’s great, and SJP compared to her is quite pale. I was imagining an alternative story during the film, and sometimes I think that you could use those predictable Hollywood scenarios as a canvas to make original stories just by taking the u turns. Ok SJP and Jennifer Aniston are two mysteries for me; I don’t understand what makes people passionate about them. They’re not pretty, they’re rather bad actresses! I didn’t count how many times SJP shout in this film but her voice is almost intolerable! I am like you I enjoyed Sex and the City, but I won’t call it my bible like some people do, and Carrie Bradshaw was my least favourite. I only thought that she had nice clothes in the last season, before I thought “how dare she proclaiming herself a fashion victim when she wears what she wears!”. For me SJP will always be, this girl in Tim Burton’s Ed Wood who is said to have a horse face!


Français:

C’est assez facile d’écrire sur des films qu’on a vu, mais c’est autre chose de se rendre compte que divers films font référence a des livres ou films que vous n’avez pas vu ou lu. Je n’ai pas vu ou lu How to kill a Mocking Bird ! Quand j’avais 13, dans une dissertation à l’école, qui m’avait valu une bonne note, j’avais fait Référence à La Peste de Camus, que je n’avais pas lue. Ça a mis mes parents en colère, et j’ai eu beau leur expliquer que je voulais vraiment lire ce livre, ils m’ont juste prise pour une tricheuse ? Jusqu’à ce que mon père mette le livre sous mon oreiller, pour me punir en m’obligeant d’une certaine façon à le lire lol ! J’ai vraiment beaucoup aimé ce livre, j’adore une histoire où les gens sont enfermés dans une ville où sévit une épidémie, presque autant qu’une histoire de famille dysfonctionnelle.
Enfin bref, hier n’ayant rien d’autre à faire que de rester au lit, à cause d’une grosse migraine. J’ai regardé différents films, entrant, disons, dans différentes catégories. Ailleurs l’herbe est plus verte de Stanley Donen avec Deborah Kerr, Cary Grant et Robert Mitchum. Les deux derniers bien qu’étant mort sont toujours des objets de fantasmes pour moi ! Kerr et Grant sont mariés et vivent dans leur château qui a été transformé en musée. Mitchum, touriste américain curieux, entre dans les parties privées et rencontre Kerr dont il tombe amoureux. Bien sûre Grant fera tout pour récupérer son épouse, sans montrer ni sa colère ni sa jalousie, de peur de la perdre une bonne fois pour toute. Un coucou, lui tape sur les nerfs et semble se moquer de lui. C’est une comédie vraiment envoûtante, et sa direction est parfaite. J’aime beaucoup la séquence qui nous informe que Kerr et Mitchum sont devenus amants. Un Long travelling nous dévoile tous les endroits où ils auraient dû se trouver et leurs chaises vides, puis arrive à la porte de leur chambre à l’hôtel, qui se ferme instantanément. J’adore quand des personnages prennent leur indépendance, et laissent les spectateurs frustrés dans leur voyeurisme. De plus cette séquence et assez érotique dans le fait qu’elle suggère plus qu’elle ne montre, que Kerr et Mitchum sont restés dans la chambre,un certain nombre de jours…

Ensuite j’ai regardé Rashomon d’Akira Kurosawa, et là il n’y a pas d’oiseau moqueur, juste l’ironie de la subjectivité humaine. J’y reviendrai !
Troisième film, une comédie romantique Playboy à saisir. Où il y a un merle moqueur. Je ne connais pas le nom du cinéaste, et cela n’a pas d’importance vu que ce film est d’une facture relativement anonyme. Une comédie romantique pour promouvoir la fatigante Sarah Jessica Parker. Ok à la vérité son histoire avec Matthew Mcconaughey ne m’a vraiment pas intéressée : essayer de le faire partir de chez ses parents en faisant semblant de tomber amoureuse de lui… ouais ouais ouais, par contre l’intrigue secondaire avec Zooey Deschanel et l’oiseau qui l’empêche de dormir et qu’elle veut tuer, était beaucoup plus amusante et j’ai juste envie de voir cette actrice de plus en plus.. Elle est géniale et SJP en comparaison est bien palichonne. Franchement pour Moi SJP et Jennifer Aniston sont un mystère. Je ne comprend pas la passion qui anime les gens à leur sujet : elles ne sont pas jolies, et ne sont pas de bonnes actrices ! En plus dans ce film SJP passe son temps à crier et sa voix est insupportable. Je suis comme vous, j’aimais beaucoup Sex and the City, mais Carrie Bradshaw a n’a jamais été mon personnage favori, et je n’ai aimé ses vêtements que dans la dernière saison tout ce qu’elle portait avant, me faisait penser « Comment ose-t-elle se proclamer victime de la mode quand elle porte ce genre d’horreurs conventionnelles ?! » Pour moi SJP sera toujours la fille dont on dit dans Ed Wood de Tim Burton qu’elle a une tête de cheval !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...